Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Upcoming events!

So the last few days have been relaxing. Monday morning i woke up not feeling well so Madeline and I decided to take the day off of volunteering and spend the morning resting and hanging out at a cafe doing out work and writing in our journals. It was incredible! Well the same thing happened on Tuesday, ha except we went to McDonalds. The McDonalds here is beautiful and has a huge flower garden so Maddy and I went to get french fries and ice cream at 10 (such a healthy diet i know, but our food is terrible) and we sat in the garden and took fun pictures and laughed a lot! Basically we have realized the more we are together the more we are alike and think the same things haha. She is pretty great!
Friday, July 25, is the Founders Day of Antigua! I forgot to tell you but everything in Antigua is based around the central park which is beautiful and in the middle of town. The festivities begin tomorrow night with concerts of all kinds of bands and celebrating. Friday everyone will be hanging out in the park and dancing! We dont have to volunteer that morning so we will be able to go experience the celebration! Saturday morning we are getting up early and going to Copan in Honduras! Its about 5 hours away and i think mostly Mayan ruines. Ha I think this should be very interesting and I am excited! Bus rides here are a lot different than in the states, Jared im sure you know what I am talking about. really bumpy and crammed.
The Lord has definitely been teaching me a lot since I have been here, especially about trusting and putting all my hope in Him. Please continue to pray for time well spent.
A side note- the keyboards here are different and it makes me laugh when i hit this รง, ha what is that? ha there are several keys like it and ha i dont know where they come from. The first night we tried to use the computer ha we couldnt find the @ key because you have to press like 3 keys all at the same time but we figured it out! ha i thought yall would enjoy knowing that ha and I still havent figured out how to make a smiley face ha
Today is my cousin Anthony´s 20 birthday, it is his first birthday without both of his parents so he has been on my mind all day! But pray he had a good day and doesnt go crazy tonight.
last night I read Romans 1:12 which says-that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith. It made me grateful for all of my family and friends because I have been encouraged by all of you! I LOVE YOU GUYS!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. -Proverbs 3:5- Thanks Katie!
Madeline put up pictures so hopefully they will work for yall! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2213893&l=c8a6f&id=11816062
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b345e66c05a0&sid=0AZNW7VszYsmTjI&auto=1&idx=-1&m=1&d=1216773656200

2 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Hey Becca, Mrs. Bersch gave me your blog address and I have loved reading about your adventures with Madeline. I have been praying for both of you and keeping up with you two through Mrs. B. What an awesome time you both are having!!! God is really speaking to both of you there in Guatemala. It will be a trip you will always remember. See you soon! Love & blessings,Melinda

Rebecca Parrish said...

I am so glad that you have enjoyed the blog! Thanks so much for praying for us Mrs. Smith!! I hope you are doing well! Becca