Sunday, July 20, 2008

It´s official I am not cut out to hike lots of mountains!

haha So this morning we met at 8 to leave for the volcano. So apparently I am crazy cause I didnt realize how difficult hiking a volcano was going to be. The hike was about an hour and half but the air is so thin it is REALLY hard to breathe. We got to the top, Praise the Lord, and then the ground is very unstable! Half of our group took horses to the top, Lazy bums! They left before us and had to wait because we all had to climb another 10 minutes or so to the top. While we were walking you could feel the heat from the molten lava and the molten rocks were sharp and scary to walk on cause you would start slipping but unable to grab anywhere because its hot and it would hurt! Anyways I made it! YAY! And I achieved my goal as to poking the Lava! haha and Phil I still have all 10 fingers! It was pretty awesome!! haha I think that was the first and last time I will ever do that! But I am pumped to say that I did it and have pictures and it was very scary and hot! ha Oh and my stick caught on fire, pretty hilarious ha I started screaming haha! Another note considering I am not the best of friends with the guys here, they did a great job helping me around haha I grunt all the time when I am scared I have noticed and it made me laugh everytime! But it was sweet the guys we lending their hands and willing to help me. Charles you know how that is! But I was proud of them!! And I have realize what incredible guy friends I have and I am very blessed!!!!!! Africa boys I have been thinking a lot about yall cause there are things about this place that remind me a lot about Uganda! I miss yall!
The weather has been terrible by the way! Yesterday, today and I think the next 5 days it is supposed to pour! Snuggie I feel like you in NYC cause we walk everywhere and get very wet!
This was our first real weekend in Antigua so Madeline and I decided we would finally go and hang out with people! Friday we went to the bar- cafe called Cafe No Sé really great food ha everyone had drinks Maddie and I at Nachos haha. Then we went to some bar that was over crowded walked in and left instantly because we had no room! But it was late anyway! Then yesterday we went to the local Market and went shopping it was awesome!! We had a great day then last night we went to this place called Cafe 2000 which plays Movies and you can order drinks and food! Kill Bill 2 was playing and I am not interested in that but it was fun to hang out and enjoy the atmosphere!
A couple funny Stories- so I am pretty sure at my work this guy named Carlos has a crush on me haha. He is from here and he like basically keeps the clinic and pharmacy clean. I work with this woman named Thelma and I love her but she was trying to set us up last week! Pretty Hilarious! They only speak spanish but I some how got talked into going on a walk with him and he showed me all around San Pedro, which is a beautiful city! haha He took me up near his house, which I didnt realize or I wouldnt have gone, but it was totally fine I met his mom, sister, and brother. haha real funny! Then I am partnered up with this guy named John at my Clinic. John is awesome and we always laugh a lot. But we get dropped off at the Clinic around 8 and it doesnt open until 830 so we sit on the curb. We it rained monday, and there was still a puddle of nasty guatemalan water chillen in the street. WELL the cars fly through the streets and we were sitting on the side and the car came flying down the street and soaked us with that nasty water. haha it was straight out of the movies! But I thought it was hilarious and we look across the street and there are 2 old people standing the bent over laughing at us. We heard the car coming, I was reading and tried to hide behind the paper and John hid behind me!! haha real funny!
keep the emails coming I LOVE to open my email and have sweet messages!
Pray for a busy week!
Thanks for all your prayers!
I love yall!
Rachel sent me this verse and it is very applicable to my life now- "Rejoice in the Lord always...do not be anxious about anything, but in
everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your
requests to God...whatever is true...think about such things.
The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your
hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus...And the God of peace will be
with you." Philippians 4:4, 6-9

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a pretty sweet time. I miss you friend, call me when you get home. I'll be praying for you.

clint said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
clint said...

lady! pokin lava is pretty incredible. cant do that in north carolina huh. guess im out of luck