Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting ready to go!

Hey Everyone!
I leave in monday morning for Guatemala and things are beginning to get crazy! Me, Madeline Bersch and Meredith Wright have to be at the airport at 4:45am and we arrive at 11:30 in Guatemala time (I don't know the time zone). Please pray for safe travel and a quick adjustment to the culture. On Tuesday, we are going to visit minoan ruins in Honduras and travel around the country on a field trip until Sunday July 13th. I don't think I will have internet access the first week because we will be traveling a lot, however feel free to email me. It will make me feel special :). They recommended that we make a blog however to prevent us from having to email so many people and spending a lot of time on the computers. I will not have a personal computer, so in order for me to check email and update the blog I will have to go to internet cafes. Thanks for caring about my trip! I know all of you will get excited to hear all about Guatemala! :)
Prayer Requests:
-Pray for my nerves to be calmed and I will depend on the Lord.
-Pray my heart will continued to be opened to my host family and the people of Guatemala. I want to love them and not miss Africa and all my friends!
-I will glorify the Lord in everything I do.

"I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." - Psalm 34: 1-5.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sweeeeeet

Mary said...

I am so excited for you! I miss the old title "besa me ahora" Love you Becca!

kelly said...

so excited about your blog to keep us updated! miss you and praying for you!