Wednesday, July 30, 2008

There is a lot going on!

Well i have been in Guatemala for 3 and a half weeks now and I am getting used to my life here. I really enjoy Antigua, its a beautiful city and has a lot a character! Last friday night was the founders day ha hilarious i must say and by far my favorite day thus far! We woke up about 9 went out about 10 to walk around and hang out, class from 2-6 then went out to dinner. I love going out to dinner, because i really like a change in the food every now and then. Anyway then we went to this movie cafe, which is awesome they play movies in english with spanish subtitles but today was Fight Club and i was not interested, for like an hour. After Maddy, our friends Elise and Patrick decided to have dessert- cheesecake and coffee and talk. The park is always a hoppin place at night but it was packed tonight! then went to park sat and listened to this concert in spanish. HILARIOUS ha 2 of our friends walked up and wanted to dance so we made our way to the front row and danced for like 30 mins to music none of us understood haha and loved every second. It was a great night and really fun to explore the city at night it is completely different! Saturday went to Honduras it was great. Things that happen ha a long ride, our bus broke down- Africa boys sound familiar?, men with large guns, we went to mayan ruins and they were incredible! and crazy big, Copan is a very interesting city but our hotel was beautiful! I have great pictures and stories to tell yall about good ole Copan.
I learned how to say hilarious in spanish its divertidísimo! and of course i say it all the time. My spanish teachers is awesome and we laugh basically the entire 2 hours. My sts class, is very different- not really in love with it. I have to come up with a research paper topic and outline this weekend, and i will have 3 days once i get home to write it ha.
Vamos a ir a la playa este fin de semana aka We are going to the beach this weekend!!! Its called Monturico and it has black sand. Its really exciting cause we will be living in paradise! Our hotel has a pool and we are all super pumped, warm showers!! Cant wait!! I will tell yall how that goes next week!
Madeline made a list of things to do once she gets back. I love this ha and made my own! Not in any particular order-
1. make and eat rice crispy treats with chocolate and peanut butter melted on top!
2.Stameys
3.Chick fil a
4.Hug my family! I am a girl who needs lots of lovin and hugs!
5. Snuggle with HENRY!! i miss him!!! and hes huge!!
6.See improvements on the new house
7.eat brownies ha most likely with lots of ice cream
8. go on a very very long run
9. drink sweet tea
10. happy hour at DD with my sisters and mama
11. eat some chicken parm
12.hang out with everyone in the boro before going back to sweet raleighwood
13. Talk to my Nana
I thought yall would like to know all that haha but i love you guys and i will talk to you all very soon!
¡Qué tengan un buen día! means Have a great day!
Listen to advice and accept discipline and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Many are the plans in a human heart, but it is the Lord´s purpose that prevails. - Proverbs 19:20-21.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yay. Henry will gladly snuggle with you although he might need to be the one holding you now that he is so big. I can handle the chicken parm and you are welcome to share your rice krispy treats with us anytime :) Love you and can't wait to see you!